Medical Malpractice Lawyers Seek Justice for Your Injuries in Manhattan
Skilled Attorneys Help Victims in the New York & New Jersey Area Recover Full Compensation
Physicians and other healthcare providers owe their patients a duty to provide a professional standard of care, demonstrating the same level of skill that fellow practitioners would normally exercise. When that duty of care is breached and you’re injured as a result, you may be able to seek damages through a medical malpractice claim. The knowledgeable attorneys of Roman & Associates, PLLC represent clients in medical malpractice actions throughout New York & New Jersey. Victims of medical negligence may recover compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and lost income. We advocate for fair and full awards that account for the harm you’ve suffered, protecting your rights when healthcare professionals try to pressure you to accept less than you deserve.
Medical malpractice can take the form of many types of preventable mistakes, wrongful actions or exercises in poor judgement. Valid bases for a medical malpractice case may include:
- Anesthesia errors — Patients who are not given sufficient anesthesia may be in extreme pain throughout surgery but unable to communicate their distress. Conversely, patients receiving too much anesthesia can experience life-threatening complications. We press for the compensation you deserve in these cases.
- Birth injuries — Cerebral palsy, fractures, infections and nerve damage are just some of the injuries your infant may suffer from a doctor’s improper care during delivery.
- Emergency room errors — An ER doctor who doesn’t recognize the seriousness of a patient’s condition may be to blame if a lack of care results in deterioration of the patient’s health.
- Medication errors — Wrong medications or wrong dosages can result in adverse reactions and serious injury.
- Misdiagnosis — A misdiagnosis can result in harmful, unnecessary treatment while depriving the patient of proper treatment.
- Negligent nursing home care — Nursing home caretakers who abuse or neglect patients may be responsible for falls, dehydration or other serious health issues suffered by nursing home residents.
- Surgical errors — Surgeons who operate on the wrong body part or leave surgical tools inside a patient can cause serious, permanent damage or death.
To prevail on a medical malpractice claim, an injured plaintiff must usually retain expert medical testimony to establish that the care was negligent and the negligence caused harm. The attorneys at Roman & Associates, PLLC consult with licensed medical professionals and retain prominent medical experts to support your case and present compelling evidence of malpractice to jurors.
Determined Attorneys Take Timely Action on Your Claim
It is important to consult an attorney as soon as you believe that malpractice may have occurred. The law sets statutory deadlines for filing medical malpractice claims. If a deadline passes before a claim is made, you may be unable to seek remedy from the parties responsible for your suffering. In addition, investigating your malpractice claim immediately after the injury occurs preserves crucial evidence and valuable testimony. When you retain the services of Roman & Associates, PLLC, we will get to work reviewing your medical records and conducting an investigation to establish a strong case.
Call us at (888) 643-2460 or submit an online form today to get in touch with our team and begin exploring your legal options. Hablamos español.